Lamannia Update 29 Release Notes
Here are the Release Notes for Update 29 on Lamannia, published on Friday, December 4th. These notes will change over time.
Of Special Note:
Characters can now level up to 30! New feats are also available.
Legendary Tempest Spine and Legendary Hound of Xoriat are now available for preview.
Legendary Shroud and Legendary Green Steel are available to preview! Legendary Shroud can be found in Meridia, and Legendary Green Steel Altars can be found in either The Shroud or from a new Augment section of the Character Inventory UI.
A new randomly-generated loot system is now available! Check out chests throughout our dungeons, and give us your feedback.
News and Notes:
- Artificer Rune Arm DC's now include all sources of Evocation DC Boosts.
- Arcane Archer's Elemental Arrows now properly reflect the damage type they deal, instead of all claiming to deal acid damage.
- Shiradi Champion's Audience with the Queen has had some of its random effects' names changed so players can more easily tell them apart.
- New feats are available called Epic Destiny Feats when a character has reached level 29. The feats are available to a character who has achieved the maximum destiny experience in all three Epic Destinies in a sphere.NEW: Some Epic Destiny Feats can be acquired if the character has achieved the maximum destiny experience in either of the required spheres.
- Wind through the Trees - Primal: When enemies hit or miss you, they have a 5% chance to be knocked down with no save. This may only trigger once every 12 seconds.
- Dire Charge - Martial: Charge forward at the targeted foe. That foe and all nearby foes are subject to +2[w] damage and have a chance to be stunned. Stun DC is (25 + highest ability modifier + bonus to stun attacks).
- Arcane Pulse - Arcane: A magical pulse of force reverberates through the target's body, dealing 3d6+6 force damage every 2 seconds for a duration of 16 seconds. This spell can stack on the target up to 5 times, increasing the damage with each stack.
- NEW (Lamannia Only): This spell now applies damage at the time of casting as well
- Deific Warding - Divine: +10 PRR and MRR. When you take damage from an enemy's attack or spell, add one stack of Deific Warding (+2 to PRR and MRR). This effect can stack up to 10 times. One stack is removed every 3 seconds.
- Dreamscape - Primal+Arcane: Activate to pop off to the land of dreams. You are invulnerable and invisible for five seconds, then return with a random 30-second buff. 1 minute cooldown. The available buffs are:
- Damage: +30 Melee/Ranged power, +60 Universal Spell Power.
- Defense: +15 AC/PRR/MRR
- Skill: +6 to all skills
- Damage Reduction: DR18/-
- Energy Resistance: Gain Energy Resistance 15
- Sprint: Gain Action Boost: Sprint (does not stack with the actual action boost)
- Fortitude: +6 to Fortitude
- Reflex: +6 to Reflex
- Will: +6 to Will
- Harbinger of Chaos - Primal+Martial: With weapon and unarmed attacks, deal 1d20 Bane damage against all targets and an additional 2d20 Chaos damage against Lawful targets. This scales with Melee or Ranged power depending on your weapons.
- Fount of Life - Primal+Divine: +20 Healing Amp and Positive Spell Power
- Embodiment of Order - Divine+Martial: With weapon and unarmed attacks, deal 10 Bane damage against all targets and an additional 20 Law damage against Chaotic targets. This scales with Melee or Ranged power depending on your weapons.
- Spirit Blades - Divine+Arcane: Create a series of spectral blades which fly at a nearby opponent. Each of the five blades does 2d20 Piercing and 1d20 Force damage.
- Arcane Warrior - Arcane+Martial: Your weapon and unarmed attacks grant you a stack of Arcane Warrior: Magical (+1 Universal Spell Power). Your offensive spells grant you a stack of Arcane Warrior: Physical (+1 Melee and Ranged Power). Each of these stacks to 20 times and each stack lasts for 6 seconds. You may gain a stack of each no more than once per second.
- NEW: Archmage's Arcane Bolt and Arcane Blast SLAs now benefit from Maximize, Empower, Quicken, and Heighten metamagic feats.
- NEW: Archmage's Arcane Bolt and Arcane Blast SLAs now scale with Spell Power at the normal rate (rather than 50%.)
- Epic levels now grant +6 Universal Spell Power and a 1% Spell Point cost reduction.
- The Epic level experience required to attain levels 21-30 has been adjusted to flatten the curve required to achieve level 30. To reach level 30, a character must earn 8.25 million experience.
- NOTE: Existing characters will not lose experience nor levels. However, characters will need to reach the new level thresholds in order to level, similar to a process done when we raised the level cap from 18 to 20. The experience table is now:
- Level 20: 0 Epic Destiny Experience
- Level 21: 600,000 XP
- Level 22: 1,250,000 XP
- Level 23: 1,950,000 XP
- Level 24: 2,700,000 XP
- Level 25: 3,500,000 XP
- Level 26: 4,350,000 XP
- Level 27: 5,250,000 XP
- Level 28: 6,200,000 XP
- Level 29: 7,200,000 XP
- Level 30: 8,250,000 XP
- Improved Construct Essence is now available as a feat, and requires Construct Essence and 12 levels of Artificer. May be taken as an Artificer bonus feat. The feat improves your base Repair to 70% healing from Repair spells, but you are now vulnerable to rust attacks and take 70% damage from them. You are still considered your original race.
- Construct Exemplar is a new feat that requires Improved Construct Essence, and may be taken starting at level 21. It grants the following:
- You are now considered a Living Construct instead of your original race
- 100% base healing from Repair spells and 100% damage from Rust
- Immunity to Sleep, Hold Person, Energy Drain, Nasueated, Exhausted, and Paralyzed effects except those which physically hold you in place
- Immunity to ability score damage from natural poisons and natural diseases (but are vulnerable to those that specifically affect wood or metal)
- +10 Racial bonus to saving throws against magical poisons, and do not fail saving throws against them on a roll of a natural 1 (this renders you immune to magical poisons with a DC of less than 11+your Fortitude save)
- You may remain underwater indefinitely without the need to breathe.
- When resting at a Rest Shrine, the health you regain is now based on your Repair skill instead of your Heal skill.
- New General Feats
- Wellspring of Power - Minimum level 21: Activate to gain +150 Universal Spell Power and +20% Spell Critical Damage for 30 seconds. Grants +110 maximum Spell Points. 3 minute cooldown.
- Arcane Insight - Minimum level 21: Activate to gain + 6 to all spell DCs and +6 to Spell Penetration for 30 seconds. Grants +110 maximum Spell Points. 3 minute cooldown.
- Improved Augment Summoning - Minimum level 24, requires Augment Summoning: Your summoned creatures have +8 to all ability scores, +10% Dodge, and +100 maximum Hit Points. Grants +140 maximum Spell Points.
- Burst of Glacial Wrath - Minimum level 24: Cone spell, deals 30d6 Cold Damage and freezes the creature. Saving throw is 20 + the highest of your INT/WIS/CHA modifiers + Evocation bonuses. Grants +140 maximum Spell Points.
- Intensify Spell - Minimum level 24, Metamagic: +75 Spell Power, spells cost +25 Spell Points. Works on any spell affected by Empower. Grants +140 maximum Spell Points.
- Embolden Spell - Minimum level 24, Metamagic: +2 DCs to all spells with DCs, spells cost +10 Spell Points. Grants +140 maximum Spell Points.
- Master of Air - Minimum level 24: Your Shocking Grasp, Electric Loop, and Lightning Bolt spells no longer have a maximum caster level. Grants +140 maximum Spell Points.
- Master of Earth - Minimum level 24: Your Acid Spray, Acid Arrow, and Acid Blast spells no longer have a maximum caster level. Grants +140 maximum Spell Points.
- Master of Water - Minimum level 24: Your Cold Ray, Snowball Swarm, and Niac's Biting Cold spells no longer have a maximum caster level. Grants +140 maximum Spell Points.
- Master of Fire - Minimum level 24: Your Burning Hands, Scorch, and Fireball spells no longer have a maximum caster level. Grants +140 maximum Spell Points.
- Master of the Dead - Minimum level 24: Your Chill Touch, Death Aura, and Negative Energy Burst spells gain +10 to their maximum caster level. Grants +140 maximum Spell Points.
- Master of Light - Minimum level 24: Your Sun Bolt, Searing Light, and Divine Punishment spells gain +10 to their maximum caster level. Grants +40 Maximum Spell Points
- Master of Artifice - Minimum level 24: Your Static Shock, Lightning Sphere, Blast Rod, and Lightning Motes spells no longer have a maximum caster level. Grants +140 maximum Spell Points.
- Master of the Wilds - Minimum level 24: Your Produce Flame, Creeping Cold, Call Lightning, and Word of Balance spells no longer have a maximum caster level. Grants +140 maximum Spell Points.
- Master of Music - Minimum level 24: Your Shout, Greater Shout, Sonic Blast, and Reveberate spells no longer have a maximum caster level. Grants +140 maximum Spell Points.
- Master of Knowledge - Minimum level 24: Your Arcane Bolt and Arcane Blast spells now grant you one stack of Mental Honing (+3 Universal Spell Power, +2% Spell Crit Damage) when cast. This effect can stack up to 30 times. One stack is removed every 6 seconds. Grants +140 maximum Spell Points.
- NEW: Master of Alignment – Minimum level 24: Your Holy Smite, Deific Vengeance, Unholy Blight, Chaos Hammer, and Order’s Wrath spells get +10 to their Maximum Caster Level.Grants +140 Maximum Spell Points
- Greater Ruin - Minimum level 30, requires Ruin: Deals 1000 untyped damage to a single enemy (no saving throw). Costs 150 SP
- NEW: New randomly-generated loot system is now available! Click here for more information.
- NEW: Legendary Green Steel is now available for preview! Legendary Green Steel is a crafting system by which players can collect various ingredients and craft numerous kinds of weapons and items. "Blank" Green Steel weapons and equipment are made which are then slotted with up to four Green Steel Augments. There are Tier 1,2,3 and Active augment slots available. Additionally, players do not need to apply augments of a lower tier to their items in order to apply a higher-tier augment.
- LAMANNIA NOTE: Legendary Green Steel weapons and equipment blanks can be made without significant issue. Non-weapon augments are not currently functioning. Additionally, crafting costs have not yet been finalized.
- NEW: The Traveler's Terrific Trunk now provides 5 Major Slayer Count Boosts and 5 Sovereign I Learning Boosts. This applies to new and existing Trunks.
- Legendary Raid Timer Bypasses are now available in Daily Dice and the Lamannia DDO Store, and can be used to bypass the timer for Legendary Raids (CR31+).
- Several Heroic Greensteel effects have been renamed to properly reflect their existing bonus types and functions, such as Healing Amplification. The effects themselves remain unchanged.
- Cosmetic helmets no longer cause elf ears to not display properly.
- The Mortal Fear effect that does 50% hit point damage will not function in Legendary (CR31+) quests or raids.
- NEW: Updated text in many places to clarify that certain things that claimed to be bonuses to Universal Spell power were in fact bonuses to each individual (non-Universal) Spell Power. This is to reduce confusion; Universal Spell power is a separate statistic, and bonuses to Universal Spell Power do stack with similar bonuses to individual spell powers.
- Legendary Feats are selected when a character has achieved level 30. The currently-available feats are:
- Scion of the Plane of Earth
- +4 to the DCs of Conjuration spells, +2 to the DCs of other spells
- +20 PRR
- +10 Acid Spell Power, +30 Universal Spell Power
- Add 2d20 Acid damage to weapon and unarmed attacks (Scales with Spell Power)
- Scion of the Plane of Air
- +4 to the DCs of Evocation spells, +2 to the DCs of other spells
- +4% Dodge, +4 to Dodge Cap
- +10 Electric Spell Power, +30 Universal Spell Power
- Add 2d20 Electric damage to weapon and unarmed attacks (Scales with Spell Power)
- Scion of the Plane of Fire
- +25% Spell Critical Damage with all spells
- +10 PRR, +10 MRR
- +10 Fire Spell Power, +30 Universal Spell Power
- Add 2d20 Fire damage to weapon and unarmed attacks (Scales with Spell Power)
- Scion of the Plane of Water
- +200 Maximum Spell Points
- +20 MRR
- +10 Cold Spell Power, +30 Universal Spell Power
- Add 2d20 Cold damage to weapon and unarmed attacks (Scales with Spell Power)
- Scion of the Feywild
- +10 Sonic Spell Power, +30 Universal Spell Power
- +4 to the DCs of Enchantment spells, +2 to DCs of other spells
- Add 2d20 Sonic damage to weapon and unarmed attacks (Scales with Spell Power)
- +20 Healing Amp
- Scion of the Shadowfell
- +4 to the DCs of Necromancy spells, +2 to DCs of other spells
- +40 Negative Spell Power
- +20 Negative Amp (assuming you take healing from Negative)
- Weapon and Unarmed attacks heal you for 1d6 Positive damage, or 1d6 Negative damage if you are Undead.
- Scion of the Ethereal Plane
- Permanent Blur
- +1 point of Sneak Attack damage for every 3 points of Hide you have
- +4 to all Skills
- Permanent Invisibility Guard, as per the item effect
- Scion of the Astral Plane
- +4 to Tactical Feat and Assassinate DCs
- +4% Doublestrike & Doubleshot. An additional +4 if you are centered.
- +4% Dodge and +4 to Dodge Cap
- +4 to Reflex Saves
- Scion of Mechanus
- +20 Repair & Rust Spell Power, +20 Universal Spell Power
- +20 Repair Amplification (assuming you take healing from Repair)
- +10% Fortification Bypass on weapon and unarmed attacks
- Gain: Master Reconstruction, shares cooldown with Communion of Scribing
- Scion of Celestia
- +20 Positive, Light, & Alignment Spell Power, +20 Universal Spell Power
- +30% Crit Damage with Positive, Light, & Alignment spells
- +150 Maximum Hit Points
- +4 to Will Saves
- Scion of Elysium
- Summoned creatures gain +25 PRR and MRR
- Summoned creatures gain +20 Melee Power, Ranged Power, and Universal Spell Power
- Summoned creatures gain +100% Fortification
- Summoned creatures gain a 5% chance to ignore incoming damage entirely. Does not affect any incoming Positive, Negative, or Repair effects.
- Scion of Arborea
- +20 Melee and Ranged Power
- +20 Force Spell Power and +20 Universal Spell Power
- +2 to the Enhancement Bonus of your weapon
- +4 to Fortitude Saves
- Scion of Limbo
- +2 Determination Bonus to all Saves
- One of eight buffs, each one minute long. Cycles randomly.
- +40 Melee and Ranged power, +80 Spell Power
- +16% Doublestrike & Doubleshot, +20% Spell Crit Damage
- +30 PRR and MRR
- +20% Dodge and +40 Healing Amp
- +20 DR /Law
- Your weapon/unarmed strikes and spells deal 1d20 Chaos Damage
- Each time you would be damaged, you have a +5% chance to completely ignore the damage. Does not affect any incoming Positive, Negative, or Repair effects.
- Confetti explodes around your shoulders. Festive!
Quests and Adventure Areas
- The tab in the dungeon entrance dialog now says "Legendary" for quests where the Epic Normal CR is over 30.
- We've adjusted some instance settings to reduce freeze-ups and crashes in Smuggler's Rest, the Isle of Forgotten Dreams, Gianthold, Menechtarun Desert, and Zawabi's Refuge.
- Hound of Xoriat (Heroic)
- Xy'zzy is now immune to Ruin and Tsunami.
- NEW: Flagging for Iconic True Reincarnation and Epic Reincarnation now requires Level 30.
- NEW: Fixed an issue that could cause the game client to crash when returning to Character Select or exiting the game.
- NEW: The new DDO Store window no longer causes mouselook to become nonfunctional.
- NEW: The Adventure Compendium now shows quests up to three levels above the viewing character, rather than two.
| Home |
|Lamannia Update 29 Release Notes||2015.12.05|
Lamannia Release Notes (Last Updated 12-4-15)
| Home |